April 2000 Limerick Printmakers have run a full program of exhibitions
in the gallery space. The concept is to provide opportunities for all
types of artists, emerging as well as more established, to exhibit work.
Printmaking, painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and installation
work as well as performance art have all been shown in the gallery.
(L:R View of gallery from from door; view of gallery from back wall; view of gallery from the studio with wall moved)
are not charged for the use of the space and to date the main cost of
the exhibition has been the responsibility of the artists themselves. Half
of the financial costs are now covered by the gallery.
Limerick Printmakers provides support in various different non-monetary
ways, such as providing mailing lists, contact numbers, contacts for
potential sponsors, discounts on wine, publicity and promotion, hanging
of work, general office work.
on sales of artwork is kept to a low of 30%.
Limerick Printmakers Studio & Gallery are now acceptng proposals for the 2013 program.
The closing date for 2013 proposals is Friday June 29th 2012.
This submission is open for artists or curators working in any medium and can be for group, joint, or solo exhibitions. We also invite proposals from other studio groups.
Proposals might include some of the following elements:
- Promote printmaking as vibrant and contemporary visual art
- Show innovation and ambition
- Involve or engage with the public
- Use the printmaking facilities at Limerick Printmakers
- Interact with studio members of Limerick Printmakers
Applicants are invited to email or post the following to the gallery on cd (jpegs) or in hard copy (please note that proposals must be in English):
- a cover letter detailing the proposed exhibition
- a current c.v.
- a statement of work (no more than 400 words) detailing the concept behind the work and how it was/is to be made
- if required, type of technical support or facilities needed from Limerick Printmakers (i.e. use of studio)
- visuals (jpeg or pdf’s) of the actual work or proposed work with all titles, medium, dimensions and year clearly labeled
- if submitting jpegs or pdf’s also enclose a list of work with all artists names, titles, medium, dimensions and year
For more information please contact the office on 061 311806 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org